Thursday, April 03, 2014

Another Year, on to 36

It's hard for me to believe that a year ago I was in the US on a quick, last minute trip due to ongoing illnesses. The year has really flown by and here I am, still in Tanzania, celebrating another birthday, my 36th. I am so happy that this past year I have been able to put a lot of my health issues behind me  and concentrate more on work and enjoying my life here.

Thanks, everyone, for all the well-wishes, emails, Facebook messages, notes, etc on my birthday. It really means a lot to me to be remembered. I had a very nice day. I spent the morning at the one and only nice coffee shop in town for a work meeting. It was much nicer than it sounds because my coworker is also a friend and I enjoyed a cool iced tea while we planned and chatted. I also spent a few hours with these ladies.




Then I got to go out to dinner with this guy.



Here's what was on the other side of the table.



Wuw! I can't believe that I actually look like this because this is what I still think I look like.



Anyways, here's to another great year of getting older, to health, happiness and meaningful work!

2 comments:

Erica said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!
Birthday!

Getting your kicks at 36!
No more being sicks at 36!

I looooove you! I celebrated in your honor. :)
xoxo
e

Unknown said...

You look great and happy!!!! Hope you are well! Two weeks left of the semester...hope we can talk after that time. :) -KAISER