Tuesday, December 09, 2014

I Was Just Sitting There...Related to Food

On Thanksgiving I was just sitting there...

wondering if I could force another plateful in. Answer: I did.

It's a little belated, but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving gathering here in Mabatini with many, many Maryknoll folks in attendance. I didn't take many pictures because I was busy with eating and shewing away thieving monkeys who were bound and determined to get at the food table (having entered through the roof in the open courtyard of the MK Father's/Brother's House). We have much to be thankful for and I appreciate having a night together to remember to give thanks.

A week later I was sitting there...

waiting for chips mayai to be made. This was during the Lulu pre-graduation festivities. We ran out of food (a rarity here in TZ, where there's always enough for everyone plus the neighbors!) so I stepped out to get 4 of these delicious treats, each made one-by-one on a charcoal jiko (stove). I sure do love a well-cooked chips mayai. (Basically a french fry omelet.)

No comments: